Friday, March 2, 2012

I {heart} Paper

A few weeks ago I gave you a little peek and my newest art obsession, and since then I have begun to create a whole paper world for myself. Honestly I'm not sure how it took me so long to get here. It's really pretty perfect for me, and here's why:

1. I'm working on an unbelievably tiny scale, I love tiny! I think that's the same reason I was drawn to jewelry.
2. Unlike jewelry fabrication, this is nearly free! Paper is so cheap and I currently have a ridiculous back stock of pretty papers to play with.
3. It's tedious, quiet, takes a lot of planning, and uses mostly recycled elements. check ,check,check and check! I love 'em all!

Besides the hunch back I'm developing from hunkering over my work table for hours on end I couldn't be happier with my new found love, and I got a few really exciting projects in the works. 

Here is the anniversary gift I made for Jess, It's a line from one of my favorite Sublime songs. I just love how bright and colorful it is, and I can't wait to hang it in our room next to our other cheesy lovey art. 

A tiny book page stage awaiting it's cast, which are still in pieces all over my desk

and most recently, two familiar, albeit still faceless little biscuits and one tiny pair of magic toilet paper tube binoculars!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend! If you are celebrating  Dr.Seuss' birthday, I hope you get to enjoy your green eggs and ham or roast beast, or who pudding or at least a good book! We'll be reading Mcelligot's Pool!

 & Paper love

2 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! I love the book page stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing art! It looks amazing! Can't wait to see more...

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...